Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beauty Favorites of 2014







Hey Everyone!

I asked you on Instagram if you would want to see my beauty favorites of 2014, and a few of you said yes! :) I was going to film a video about this, and I tried but I forgot to talk about bronzer! I wish I had the emjoi with the monkey covering his eyes. Over the past 3 years I have become obsessed with trying new products and seeing what truly is the best products out there. After TONS of research, and testing them out myself... I bring you my holy grail products! 


 I will bold each category for you so you can just read up on the products you are most interested. Let's get started! 

1. NARS Bronzer: in Laguna - $38 
I have used this bronzer for years now. The best thing about it is, it's not chalky and has the best amount of bronze & redness. AND its not ORANGE! Being a very fair skinned lady, it's hard to find the right mix of bronzer to compliment your skin tone. So this has worked wonders for me. I always go back to it. Also this bronzer lasts for a good 6 months. It's totally worth the splurge!


2.  Benefit blush: in Coralista - $28
So I have to say typically I'm not a girl that's all about blush, and for my fair skin, I tend to cling more toward peaches and corals. It feels less harsh than a bright pink, and gives a nice flush. You can tell I used this blush consistently because I have hit pan on it, and quickly! Also this blush is scented and smells amaze balls.

3. Urban Decay :  NAKED 3 Palette - $54
So narrowing this down to one palette was so hard for me, because I am a palette junky. 
This palette is made up only of rose gold shades. There are a good mix of shimmers and mattes so you can make a lot of looks out of this. You have a few good highlight shades as well. Everywhere I traveled this year, this palette came with which obviously showed its versatility. 

4. Lancome Grandiose Mascara: Black - $32
If you have been my friend for a long time you are probably shocked that I'm talking about any other mascara then the Maybelline yellow & purple tube mascara I have used since I was 16. This year I finally branched out. The drugstore mascara I had used for years would flake under my eye area after a few hours and that would always drive me nuts. This wand is curved very dramatically and has a very brissley brush so it makes getting to your small inner lashes way easier to access. It also gives you great volume AND length.

5. Lancome Hypnose Mascara: Black - $27.50
Again kind of shocking that I'm recommending a different mascara, but this is another great basic to have in your repertoire. It gives you amazing volume, and is just a great basic. 

6. Anastasia Brow Whiz: Onyx - $21
LITERALLY - If you have eyebrows you need this product! It has a very small fine point on one end, and a spooly on the other. So you can fill in your sparse areas and then brush it out if its gets dark. I have used this now for 2 years and am obsessed. 

7. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish: in Soft & Gentle- $32
I got this 3 years ago, and looks like I have hardly even used it. I sweep this right on top of the cheekbones over my blush, down the bridge of my nose, and a little bit on my temples. This will last you FOREVER and is so worth it. 

8. NARS Audacious Lipstick: in Anita - $32
I'm usually not into a nude lip, but when I discovered this lipstick it changed everything. Its a pinky nude, subtle enough to give you color - but nude enough to not have to worry about re-applying with a mirror. Its matte but has some shine to it... its literally Magical. It is a great everyday color! Any skintone can wear this. 

9. NARS Creamy Concealer: $29
This concealer is everything! It highlights AND covers dark circles. I have never tried anything like it. A lot of under eye concealers have a tendency to look cakey but this  definitely does not. Now that is a win in my book!

10. Urban Decay Primer Potion: $20
This is a no-brainer. You dab a bit of this on your eyelids and you will have smudge proof eyeshadow all day long. Simple as that!

11. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation: $45
I have never felt more radiant then when I wear this foundation. It evens out my skin tone, covers blemishes, and gives great coverage. I love dewey looking foundations, and this is just that. This foundation has a ton of hype around it and its worth the hype!

12. Topshop Lipstick: in Rio Rio - $16
I got this when I was in Chicago for my anniversary and was so glad I did. This is the perfect bright Taylor Swift red, and has amazing color payoff. 

13. Lancome Art Liner: in Black: $30.50
So i've been rocking the winged liner since early High school, and this liquid liner is the bomb. I have tried about every one out there, and this one gives extreme control, lasts all day, and does NOT smudge. I don't know if I will every try any other liquid liners. This one is a lifer :).


That's it folks!

Comment below and let me know what your holy grail products were of 2014! I love hearing what other women use, and love learning about new products to try out! 

Thanks for reading. It truly means the world! :) 

Until Next time,

Kait 

No comments:

Post a Comment