Friday, January 23, 2015

Winter Whites - Collab with JacquiRose


OUTFIT DEEDS: 
Top: haute Hippie, Jeans: Kut from the Kloth, Jacket: VEDA leather, Boots: Kate Spade, Hat: Forever 21, Accessories: Poor Sparrow, & Forever 21








Well hello party people! First of all, can we talk about the fact that I've been out of internet for a week, and just got it back. I could literally cry for joy. Anyways, today's style post is a "how to" if you will, and I have linked up with a dear friend to show you two different ways to style white jeans in the winter. 
For those of you that follow the "fashion rules" (no white after labor day or before easter) I'm telling you throw them out the window. Unless of course you are wearing socks with sandals, or gym shoes with jeans... Y'all listen to me when i say ... just DON'T!
I believe you make your OWN fashion rules. If you want to wear white in January... do it! It's on trend, and very chic! 

First things first.... White Pants. Not all white pants are equal gals. You need to find a shape and style that works for your body type. For me, I went with a straight leg, but not completely tapered. Why? 'Cause girlfriend's got some curves. I'm not saying its bad to have curves, but white pants are tricky. If you want them to be flattering make sure they fit well. Second tip would be to make sure the fabric is thick and not see through. It won't show underwear lines and will make you feel more confident.

So back to the outfit itself, my choice was to pair it with darks, to contrast the white, and still give it a wintery vibe. The booty also helps with that! I wore the hat mainly because i've been working from a cold coffee shop  porch all week to bum off there internet, so its keeping my head warm, but also very on trend. :) FUNCTIONAL FASHION! Ugh.. don't ya just love it? 

Lastly, let's just talk about how Southern I just became with this new porch. In case you haven't seen on social media, me and my husband moved into a new house with TWO new dreamy porches. I have spent so much time out here reflecting, having my quiet time, and just enjoying this beautiful weather. 

So now to Miss Jacqui. I met Jacqui my Sophmore year of college, and she was a Freshman in High School. I did High school ministry for a long time and she was in my very first small group. She is the definition of sweet. I always felt like we connected right away, and loved hearing what was on her heart. We definitely have  always had clothes in common, and its so fun to see her style develop. I have LOVED reading her blog and am a big fan of her personal style. Girlfriend can pull off just about anything. :) 
Hop on over to sweet Jacqui's page to see what she has to say about her winter whites, and see how she styled them. She has such fun style! And subscribe to her on Instagram to keep up with her blog as well! :) 

www.jacquiroseblog.blogspot.com




Until Next time,
Kait 



Social Media: 
Instagram: Kaitlawson_
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kait-Lawson/746454115444168?ref=br_tf

Jacqui's Social Media:
Instagram: Jacquirosew
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jacquiroseblog



No comments:

Post a Comment