Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!















First outfit post of 2015! Woo! Is it weird to say I felt so accomplished to get dressed this morning? After spending the last 3 days in sweats, and work out clothes getting dressed felt good! Really quick before i dive into this outfit lets talk about body shape.
I know that I am not your typical size 2-4, and GIRLS GOT CURVES! 
For a long time I really struggled with my curves. I always thought that it would be easier to shop if i had less of this or less of that. Some time last year, i decided to go through a self love movement. I wanted to be less hard on myself, and embrace what I have. Because someone else is already done, I want to be original. 
So instead, i am learning how to dress my body for my curves. I have to accept that there are certain things that won't fit my body shape and that's ok. 
For example… girlfriend's gotta buy things with stretch! ha! 
I find that a skinny pant, paired with a longer top flatters my figure more than short shirts that hit right at the waist line. Not ALL flowy tops are equal though, and we can get into that more later. 
But all that to say, lets embrace who we are in 2015! Love your curves, your curly hair, your crooked teeth or whatever it is! I love being around people who exude confidence. There's just something about it that feels so tangible, and makes you want to be a part of that. 

Lastly, my top and hat are both from Vinnie Louise. Its an extremely affordable local boutique here in Nashville.. but fear not… she has an online shop as well! Bascially my whole wardrobe is slowly turning into a Vinnie louise store. haha! Its extremely affordable, and very fashion forward! 
www.vinnielouise.com


THANK YOU for reading.  You have no idea how much it means to me. 

Top: Vinnie Louise, Jeans: Current Elliott, Hat: Vinnie Louise, Bracelets: West & Lou, Boots: West & lou, Bag: Rebecca Minkoff 


Sneak Peek of things to come: 
1. Beauty favorites of 2014
2. What I wear to the gym (outfit ideas) 
3. How to get out of a style rut series - remixing your wardrobe

Until next time, 
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment