Friday, January 30, 2015

How to.... Rock a bright Lip









My least favorite thing I hear from women is.. "I can't pull that off!"

Let me tell you something... YOU CAN!! You can pull off whatever you want! I get that there are limitations on skin tones, or maybe what colors look good with your coloring. BUT.... in a general sense... if you want to rock a bright purple lip, DO IT! Maybe something more realistic is if you have been eyeing that bright red lipstick on your vanity and are too afraid to pull it out. Well this week, I'm challenging you to be BRAVE!

Try something different! People admire other confident people. So be that confident woman and rock the bright lip!

If you asked me a year or so ago to wear a bright purple lip I would have probably laughed in your face.

My girlfriend Abigail works at Nordstrom in the Cosmetics department and typically helps me with all my shopping. She has helped me venture out a bit in my makeup selections.

One day I was eyeing all these beautiful lilac lipsticks, and kept thinking " I wish I could pull that off!".

It took Abs saying " YOU CAN!", for me to pull it off the shelf and give it a whirl. I tried it on and fell in love with the color!

Now I feel like I am not as afraid to try new colors, wear something bright, or even abnormally dark.
It just took one person telling me that I CAN pull it off to try something new.

I truly believe that confidence completes every outfit.

What lip color have you been wanting to try out, but have been afraid of what others would think if you did??

Your challenge this week is to WEAR IT! Let's be confident in our choices. It honestly doesn't matter what other people think! The people I admire most in life are people that take risks, and aren't afraid to be confident in there own skin! Even if that is a nude lipstick or a gloss for you,  whip that puppy out this week.

 If you do, tag me in a picture so we can join in it together!! 


I will be entering all the tagged pictures into a giveaway and will announce the winner next Friday, at 12PM CST. So don't forget to tag me! I'll be giving away some of my favorite lip colors, that I think every girl should have! :) 

 There is are no special tricks up my sleeve! Pick something that makes you happy, and commit to it! You won't regret it!


 And THAT is how you rock a bright lip. :)


    Until Next time, 
 Kait


( Lipstick pictured above: MAC's Heroine)


No comments:

Post a Comment